This is one of our favorite muffin recipes. In fact, with the addition of the chocolate chips, it may be our absolute favorite! We just made 3 batches of them this week (with pumpkin puree that we made from pie pumpkins and froze this fall), and they're almost gone. They're kind of addictive. :)
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Rapadura or Sucanat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin (or one 16-ounce can)
- 1 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Get out a large mixing bowl and combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin, and melted coconut oil or butter to to the dry ingredients.
- Mix it all together very well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups (makes 24)
- Bake for 16-22 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown.
- Let cool on wire racks (or enjoy them straight out of the oven!).
Linking With: Raising Homemakers