Wednesday, August 5, 2015

My 16th Birthday Party

Hello everybody!  Here's my sixteenth birthday party post!!  I am so excited about sharing with you all the pictures from the party, as well as ideas that I used.  I absolutely LOVE party-planning, because I'm a party girl.  My mom isn't quite as much a party girl as me, so she was happy to let me do the planning.  However, she was a tremendous help in decorating and in photography, and I couldn't have pulled it off without her!  My mom is awesome!
My sister Abby and I made these candy melt anchors to go on top of  the cupcakes.
We also used Wilton candy melt to dip our pretzels, then we coated some with sprinkles, and drizzled the blue ones with leftover white candy melt. 

The finished product!  So awesome on the strawberry and white cupcakes!
We used TONS of balloons in decorating!
I was absolutely thrilled to find these hanging pom poms for just a couple bucks at our closest Dollar Tree.  It took me quite a while to go through all of them and find pink, though!  Mom did a fabulous job hanging them in just the right places.
I found these beautiful straws at Walmart; they were a little bit more expensive than just regular straws, but oh so pretty!  The plates, napkins, cups, and plastic cutlery I got for $0.99 each at Walmart and Dollar General.
I found this sea star, as well as the glass bottle that the straws are in, at Hobby Lobby.  If you catch sales and use coupons, you can get a bunch of really good stuff for a really good price!
We already had these Ball canning jars and the twine, and the shells, so this was a fun and easy way to decorate in sort of a beach-y theme.
This cookie/candy jar was perfect for decor!
Sign showing the gifts "table". I got the chalkboard from Hobby Lobby for $5.99.
This is a fun guessing game for parties, and whoever guesses closest gets the jellybean jar as a prize!
~The refreshments table~
The cake, made by an awesome lady in our town, turned out absolutely gorgeous, and just perfect!  Mom ordered it, but it was exactly what I was envisioning!
After the guests arrived, we had a fun time playing several games.  This was the "Toss 'n Talk Ball" game.  So fun!!  I changed some of the questions, and made up some of my own to be more suited to teen girls.
Gifts!
The beautiful quilt, made by many sweet ladies and girls from our church. ♥
 
The props for the photo booth! We googled free photo booth printables, and found lots of fun options.
Some "real" props!
LOL, I LOVE this one! 
~The group~  Thanks so much, Mom, for the awesome picture!
The "make it yourself" party favors.
I was so impressed by the boxes that each guest created-they turned a plain cardboard box into a beautiful piece of art!

Hope you enjoyed!  Let me know what you think!
Love,
Elyse

10 comments:

  1. I loved the color blue and the cake was light blue so awesome. Seemed like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Zipporah! It was very fun!

      Delete
  2. Awwww!!! Your party looks like it was simply gorgeous!!!!! The colors, the adorable decorating, the party favors, well... okay *everything* is just so cuuuute! Loved the pictures and happy belated 16th birthday Elyse!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday sweetie!!!
    It look absolutely beautiful

    xoxo
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy late birthday, Elyse! It seems like you just posted about your 15th birthday, where has the time gone?
    It looks like you had a splendid time, I love the beach theme with all the little details! And I love how the guests are all dressed in your party colors, so fun!
    Blessings on this next year of your life!
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abby! It was so fun that everybody had the "right" colors on, and most of them didn't even know the color scheme!!
      Blessings,
      Elyse

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday! It looks like you had a great time. :) I like how coordinating the colours even, even your outfit!

    ReplyDelete