Friday, March 18, 2016

Where I've Been

It is well with my soul
Hello, friends!  I can't believe it's been three months since my last post!  In that time so very much has happened...

As some of you may know, I lost my grandpa last month.  He was such a special and important person to me, and I know I will never regret the time spent with him.  I encourage you to spend time with your grandparents while they are still living-you will never regret it!

My grandpa gave me my start in music.  I attribute all my guitar talent to him, who was so instrumental in getting me started on it, including giving me my first guitar!  He encouraged me in my dream of singing, as well, and was one of my biggest fans when I was about ten years old and trying to find my way in the world of music.  He made AWESOME homemade ice cream, and he grilled a mean hamburger on many a summer evening! ;)  These are just a few of the special memories I have of him, and they are memories I will always treasure.  ♥

My mom wrote a very beautiful tribute to him here.  Many of her thoughts expressed in this post are similar to mine..."Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." 

Jesus has been with us in an amazing way, and given us peace, in spite of the sorrow.  Love in spite of the pain.

Although I miss him so much, I can't wait to see him in heaven, and I am so thankful that he will never be in pain again, and is happy with Jesus.

A couple weeks after the funeral, I was blessed to be able to attend Winter Jam, a true soul-refresher!  If ever you get the opportunity to go, GO!  Definitely very timely after the recent trials I have been facing!  I went with some sweet friends-these girls are so special to me!

One of my best friends, Tymbur!

Love these girls so much!
Another selfie with some best friends, Grace and Tymbur!
Photo credit: Grace

God is so good!  I was so blessed to be able to meet some of the artists who have been a huge encouragement over the last several years.  
Joel Smallbone from For King & Country

 Matthew West



We Are Messengers

Stars Go Dim

 

Have a beautiful day, everyone!  
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to proseper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope."  -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

Love,
Elyse



8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry about your Grandpa. That is so, so hard. I love how you say how 'the joy comes in the morning.' I really clung to that lyric a few years ago when I lost a lot of people. Take heart in the fact that joy does come in the morning!
    Thanks for sharing your heart with us:)
    -Elissa
    letters-to-jayna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragement, Elissa!
      Love,
      Elyse

      Delete
  2. Thinking of you during this time, Elyse. It's hard to lose someone you are close to. Your testimony of God's faithfulness through it is inspiring - keep trusting in Him. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica! ♥
      Love,
      Elyse

      Delete
  3. I never really lost a family member so really wouldn't know the pain of losing someone special but I know someone who does someone that know everything about what we are going through our pain,Brockenhearts, hurting lives,so many things,and person is Jesus,He is there to comfort us in the most difficult moments is always there all we have to do is ask He's waiting for us to call out to Him. He's there for you Elyse:) Love ya girl! Tymbur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging words, Tymbur! Love you too!!
      Love,
      Elyse

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful time Winter Jam was. I'm sorry about your loss. It is really hard loosing someone you love so much. Take it from me, it does get better. It may get worse at first but just remember that time does heal. One song that I recently found is God and Time by Newsong. Remember that God is with you and will help you through this sad and difficult time. I'm always here for you if you ever need anything or just want to talk. Love you Elyse <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Grace! Your encouragement means more than you know! ♥ Thank you so much for being here for me. Love you too!

      Delete