Recently our family bought about seventy pounds of apples we picked from an orchard, so we have a looot of apples to use up! We typically make a lot of apple crisps, apple fritters, fried apples, and apple sauce.
This is delicious eaten with ice cream or whipped topping!
- 12-15 apples (depending on size, you may want to use more or less)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (melted)
1. Wash, core, peel, and slice and apples. (Peeling is optional.) Place apple slices into 9x13 baking dish.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, cinnamon, and sugar. Add melted butter and mix together. The topping will be crumbly.
4. Spoon topping over apples.
5. Bake crisp for 40-60 minutes, or until apples are soft. Serve warm with a side of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
Have a lovely fall day! Hope it's cooler than mine (the high is 90 today in MO). ;)