Saturday, October 15, 2016

Fall Baking: Banana Bread & Muffin Recipe





















Hey friends!  So today's recipe isn't specifically a "fall recipe" but fall is the perfect time for baking, so I thought I'd share a recipe I made recently which is so yummy! :)  A perfect way to use up bananas that are too ripe for eating by themselves. With this recipe, you have the choice of bread or muffins, hence the name. :)  Normally I would make one or the other, but this time I made both!

Banana Bread & Muffin Recipe
Makes: 2-3 loaves of bread depending on pan size and how full you fill them or 24-36 muffins (I made 2 loaves of bread and 12 muffins)
Ingredients:
11/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup oil (I used coconut, but any vegetable oil works)
2 teaspoons vanilla
31/2 cups flour (I used whole wheat to make it healthier)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
6 ripe bananas,mashed
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease loaf pans/or put muffin liners in muffin pans.
2. Mix together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix in bananas.




















3. Add dry ingredients and nuts, if desired. Mix well.




















4. Fill pans and bake.  Bake loaves for 60 min. Bake muffins for 16-20 min.









































Enjoy!  Make sure to schedule a baking session (or two) into this coming week! ;)

Love,
Elyse


6 comments:

  1. Oh, deliciousness...is that even a word? I love banana bread...especially with a cup of hot tea! {{smiles}} Perfect for an Autumn morning whilst perusing Pinterest or reading lovely blogs like yours!
    Hugs to you, Elyse...have a wonderful weekend, friend!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, Kelly-Anne! Hot tea would be so delicious with this bread!
      I appreciate you so much! Thank you for reading my blog! Hugs to you as well, and enjoy your weekend!
      Love
      Elyse

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I wouldn't mind eating some of those muffins right now! ;) Thanks for sharing, Elyse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! :) And thank you for stopping by!
      Love
      Elyse

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauryn! Love your name! ;)

      Delete