Merry Christmas, friends! Here's a last-minute Christmas recipe I had so much fun making (and eating!) The best part is that the prep and cooking time combined is only 20 minutes!
Prep Time: 20 min.
Yield: about 2 dozenIngredients:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3.5 oz vanilla pudding mix (I couldn't find 3.5 at our little store so I used 1 3.4)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup red and green M&Ms (again, our store didn't have holiday M&Ms, so I used brown as well as red and green)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with Silpat silicone baking mat. (Parchment paper also works if you don't have one.) Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, cream butter with electric mixer for about 30 seconds. Add granulated and brown sugar, and beat for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
5. In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt.
6. Add dry ingredients to butter sugar mixture and mix with an electric mixer until mostly incorporated. Add chocolate chips and M&Ms, (reserving some) stir with a spoon until well mixed.
7. Scoop the cookie dough with cookie scoop (1-1/2 tablespoon). Roll into balls and placing on prepared cookie sheet spacing them 2" apart. (The finished dough tends to be crumbly, but comes together when rolled into balls in your hands.)
8. Press reserved M&Ms and chocolate chips onto cookie balls.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes. 11 minutes worked well for me. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to baking rack to cool completely.